What is EPIK?
EPIK, affiliated with the Korean Ministry of Education, was established in 1995 with the missions of improving the English speaking abilities of students and teachers in Korea, developing cultural exchanges, and reforming English teaching methodologies in Korea.
EPIK extends invitations to responsible, enthusiastic native English speakers who are motivated to share knowledge with Korean students and teachers. If you are looking for jobs in teaching, EPIK will be a great choice.
Through EPIK, English language education will cultivate open-minded and well-rounded Korean individuals capable of advancing Korea in this age of information and globalization. In doing so, EPIK will promote cultural exchange and foster strong ties between Korea and other countries. If you choose to explore the world through teaching English in Korea, you will be rewarded.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To assist Korean teachers with their English classes and/or jointly conduct English classes.
- To conduct English conversation classes for Korean students and teachers.
- To prepare and assist developing teaching materials for English language education.
- To assist with activities related to English language education and other extracurricular activities.
- To demonstrate a good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- To perform other duties as specified by the host POE (provincial offices of education).
- Be a citizen of a country where English is the primary language
- Teaching certificate (TESOL/TESL/TEFL/CELTA/TESL) required
- Be a maximum of 62 years of age
- Be mentally and physically healthy
- Have a good command of the English language
- Have the ability and willingness to adapt to Korean culture and lifestyle